Join a highly prestigious network of more than 150,000 investment professionals globally.
A highly sought after qualification for professionals who have desire to excel in investment
analysis, portfolio management and corporate finance.
- Get the Gold Standard – CFA® charter is an internationally recognized and respected
qualification in investment across the globe. It dynamic and relevant curriculum equips you well
at all stages of your career.
- Gain access to wider career pathway – Many CFA® charter holders are serving as
(i) Portfolio managers
(ii) Research analysts
(iii) Wealth managers
(iv) Chief-level executives
(vi) Risk managers
(vii)Corporate financial analysts
- Global Passport Earn waivers from regulatory agencies, graduate programs, and more. CFA’s recognition include the benchmarking by NARIC, as comparable to a Qualifications and CreditFramework (QCF) Master’s Level 7 and it earned waivers from licensing exams in 27 countries.
In Malaysia, Capital Markets Services Representatives License (CMSRL) applicants and candidates for head of operations, head of compliance or compliance officer are required to pass exams specified in the Licensing Handbook. In addition, individuals who intend to be employees of registered persons who perform the regulated activities described in Part 1 of Schedule 4 of the Capital Markets and Services Act of 2007 (PDF) are required to pass exams outlined in the Guidelines on Investor Protection (PDF). CFA charterholders are waived from four licensing examinations:
Module 7 – Financial Statement Analysis and Asset Valuation
Module 10 – Asset and Funds Management Module
Module 12 – Investment Management and Corporate Finance
Module 14 – Futures and Options
- Progression & Entry Requirements
- CFA® Program candidate, you must fulfill one of the following entry requirement
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (e.g. ACCA, CPA)
– Be in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree at time of registration.
– Practical Experience Route
- CFA Curriculum
The curriculum is built from the CFA Institute Body of Knowledge, taking you deep into investment management by cutting across these 10 key areas.
- Ethical and Professional Standards Learn about putting investors first in critical and everyday practice.
- Quantitative Methods From time value of money analysis to correlation analysis and regression, learn robust quantitative methods.
- Economics Delve into supply and demand, the monetary system, inflation, effects of government regulation, and much more.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis Learn the details of the financial reporting system (emphasis on international standards, IFRS) and analysis of taxes, debt, global operations, and more.
- Corporate Finance From corporate governance to capital structure decisions, we cover complex issues in corporate finance.
- Equity Investments Study the types of equity securities, equity portfolio measurements, and much more.
- Fixed Income Study fixed income security types, portfolio benchmarks, and other complex topics.
- Derivatives Learn about forward markets, future markets, option markets, and more.
- Alternative Investments Examine real estate, private equity, commodities, and more.
- Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning Examine the essentials of managing different types of portfolios successfully.
Shortest Time to Complete CFA – 2.5 years
No Max Time limit to complete CFA